ABOUT SCARAB DIGITAL
Are you ready for superheroes, science fiction, time travel, space travel, and rom-coms? Scarab Digital is a fun and driven creative studio that makes awesome interactive motion graphics and provides equipment rental services for the film and television industry. For over 20 years, our Vancouver-based team has been collaborating with our clients to transform their creative vision into reality.
We are currently looking for an experienced FX Artist to join our team!
THE ROLE: FX Artist
SOME OF THE THINGS YOU WILL DO:
- Manage simulation creations of realistic effects, such as fire, explosion, water, and diverse asset destruction etc. with Houdini or Maya
- Work with multiple supervisors and departments to ensure production deadlines are met while meeting quality level and production requirements
- Revise and/or update simulations as directed by production in a timely manner.
- Construct and build creative builds/solutions for recurring production requirements.
- Explore and learn new methods to promote continuous improvement and enhancement of results.
- Be a part of growing this Department.
- Collaborate with other Departments to ensure communication flow and consistency.
- Experience in creating photorealistic effects using Maya, Houdini, EmberGen to implement inside a game engine.
- Familiarity to create simulations (Niagara) inside Unreal Engine
- Experience working in live action episodic television, film, games or commercial projects
- Previous experience creating variety and range of simulations
- Knowledge of 3D animation, texturing, modelling, lighting and composition
- Strong creative and artistic abilities
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to articulate and communicate ideas
- Strong command of the English language
- Ability to adapt quickly to meet production changes
- Organized, solution oriented and strong attention to detail skills
- Possess the ability to focus despite pressure and tight deadlines
- Able to work effectively in a team setting, have a strong work ethic
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Previous experience and understanding of Virtual Production and RealTime workflows
- A basic knowledge of physics and a good eye for composition and timing
- Strong willingness to continuously grow – improve old methods and learn new methods
- Exceptional keenness to stay on top of new/evolving techniques and methods
- Possess high motivation, great enthusiasm, and passion towards virtual production
- Strong ability to understand and digest new/revised ideas and methods
- Experience with production/project tracking applications, such as Wrike
THIS IS WHY PEOPLE WORK AT SCARAB DIGITAL:
- We are a Strengths-Based culture and are passionate about our team working in their Strengths Zone
- We are always honing our craft and striving to do better.
- We strive for flow state. Better yet: Hive Mind flow state
- Get to be part of the exciting and growing Vancouver film industry
- Get to work on creative projects that start as an idea and end up being shared with millions of people
- Professional development is encouraged, and an allowance is provided to cover costs
Our employees have the following to say:
“Working at Scarab is fast-paced and exciting - there is always something new to learn and the work we do is cool.”
“Our team is helpful and knowledgeable which creates an environment where we can crowdsource to innovate.”
“I love how Scarab takes the time to hire the right person. Fit is a priority for whoever comes on board.”