Scarab Digital is sought after by digital entertainment visionaries to help them achieve what they never thought possible. Through the convergence of cutting-edge technology and dynamic design, Scarab Digital is an industry expert at leveraging interactive motion graphics, emerging virtual production, and environmental visual effects.
Have you watched Sonic the Hedgehog? The Predator? The Flash? These are all productions we were part of. While we love creating innovative content, we also love solving complex film production problems. We are known in the film industry to have an arsenal of solutions, including postproduction, equipment rental inventory, experience video content and equipment video walls.
THE ROLE: MOTION GRAPHICS DESIGNER
Motion Graphics Designers design and animate Fantasy User Interface(FUI) elements for on-set playback on Film and Television productions. This position works closely with Key Creatives in a fast paced and focused production environment. Motion Graphics Designers are required to both work on teams and individually, to conceptualize, communicate, and execute design ideas quickly. This is an in-office position with a remote work component as needed based on changing health and safety protocols. This position reports to the Playback Producer and Key Creatives.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES ARE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Create robust, technically solid Motion Graphic sequences for Playback and Post that clearly, artfully and efficiently communicate the story points in a given scene or brief.
- Read and interpret scenes to better address each creative brief.
- Conceptualize and build original designs and FUI systems.
- Make use of pre-existing visual elements and design systems to develop concepts.
- Research visual reference material to drive design process forward.
- Innovate new uses to enhance existing systems
- Iterate design and animation passes quickly and address any notes from Key Creatives.
- Prepare graphics to technical specifications and quality control standards.
- Provide clear and concise documentation when necessary on how to use published motion graphics builds.
- Work within tight timelines to complete graphics and ensure production deadlines are met.
SUITABLE CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 4 years of experience and/or related education.
- Must have strong Graphic Design and Motion Graphics skills.
- Ability to adapt to and work in a broad range of design styles.
- Comfortable working with 2D, 2.5D animation approaches and techniques.
- Proficient with Adobe CC Suite: After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Strong communication skills with an ability to articulate and sell creative ideas
- Essential Soft Skills:
- Task/Solution oriented.
- Serious attention to detail.
- Strong command of the English language.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to take direction well and iterate throughout the design process.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Works well under pressure on tight deadlines.
- Able to work effectively as a team member and individually.
- Positive attitude.
DESIRABLE SKILLS TO HAVE
- Understanding and knowledge of the following applications is a benefit: Cinema 4D, Adobe Animate, Resolume Arena, Unreal Engine 4, Unity, Maya.
- Working familiarity with Sci-fi FUI design systems.
- Understanding of Film and Television and Game Production.
- Familiarity with 3D applications and workflows (Cinema 4D, 3D Studio Max, Maya)
THIS IS WHY PEOPLE WORK AT SCARAB DIGITAL
- We are a Strengths-Based culture and are passionate about our team working in their Strengths Zone.
- We are always honing our craft and striving to do better.
- We strive for flow state. Better yet: Hive Mind flow state.
- Get to be part of the exciting and growing Vancouver film industry.
- Get to work on creative projects that start as an idea and end up being shared with millions of people.
- Professional development is encouraged, and an allowance is provided to cover costs.
Our employees have the following to say:
“Working at Scarab is fast-paced and exciting - there is always something new to learn and the work we do is cool.”
“Our team is helpful and knowledgeable which creates an environment where we can crowdsource to innovate.”
“I love how Scarab takes the time to hire the right person. Fit is a priority for whoever comes on board.”
**Relocation Assistance may be offered to qualified applicant.**
**Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.**