Scarab Digital is sought after by digital entertainment visionaries to help them achieve what they never thought possible. Through the convergence of cutting-edge technology and dynamic design, Scarab Digital is an industry expert at leveraging interactive motion graphics, emerging virtual production, and environmental visual effects.
Have you watched Sonic the Hedgehog? The Predator? The Flash? These are all productions we were part of. While we love creating innovative content, we also love solving complex film production problems. We are known in the film industry to have an arsenal of solutions, including postproduction, equipment rental inventory, experience video content and equipment video walls.
THE ROLE: SENIOR MOTION GRAPHICS DESIGNER
You'll be designing and animating (FUI) Motion Graphics elements for a variety of interactive on set playback and post shots for Film, Television and Video Game Productions. Working closely with Key Creatives, you must be able to perform at a high level in a fast paced and focused production environment and be comfortable working both with a team and individually. You also possess an exceptional ability to conceptualize, communicate, and execute design ideas quickly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES ARE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Create robust, technically solid Motion Graphic sequences for Playback and Post that clearly, artfully and efficiently communicate the story points in a given scene or brief.
- Read and interpret screenplays to quickly generate concepts and execution strategies.
- Conceptualize and build original designs and FUI systems.
- Make use of pre-existing visual elements and design systems to develop concepts.
- Research visual reference material to drive design process forward.
- Innovate new uses to enhance existing systems
- Iterate design and animation passes quickly and address any notes from Key Creatives.
- Export and publish graphics to technical specifications and quality control standards.
- Provide clear and concise documentation on how to use published motion graphics builds.
- Work within tight timelines to complete graphics to ensure all production deadlines are met.
SUITABLE CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 10 years of experience and/or related education.
- Must have strong Graphic Design and Motion Graphics skills.
- Very strong composition, layout and typographic skills, and colour theory.
- Ability to adapt to and work in a broad range of design styles.
- Comfortable working with 2D, 2.5D and 3D animation approaches and techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of the Adobe CC Suite: After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and Cinema 4D.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to articulate and sell creative ideas
- Essential Soft Skills:
- Task/Solution oriented
- Serious attention to detail
- Strong command of the English language
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to take direction well and iterate throughout the design process
- Excellent time management skills
- Works well under pressure on tight deadlines
- Able to work effectively as a team member and individually
DESIRABLE SKILLS TO HAVE
- Ability to step into leadership roles, mentoring, managerial tasks etc.
- Understanding and knowledge of the following applications is a benefit: Adobe Animate, Resolume Arena, Unreal Engine 4, Unity, Maya.
- Working familiarity with Sci-fi FUI design systems.
- Understanding of Film and Television and Game Production.
THIS IS WHY PEOPLE WORK AT SCARAB DIGITAL
- We are a Strengths-Based culture and are passionate about our team working in their Strengths Zone.
- We are always honing our craft and striving to do better.
- We strive for flow state. Better yet: Hive Mind flow state.
- Get to be part of the exciting and growing Vancouver film industry.
- Get to work on creative projects that start as an idea and end up being shared with millions of people.
- Professional development is encouraged, and an allowance is provided to cover costs.
Our employees have the following to say:
“Working at Scarab is fast-paced and exciting - there is always something new to learn and the work we do is cool.”
“Our team is helpful and knowledgeable which creates an environment where we can crowdsource to innovate.”
“I love how Scarab takes the time to hire the right person. Fit is a priority for whoever comes on board.”
**Relocation Assistance may be offered to qualified applicant.**
**Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.**